Our specialist nurses work with young people aged between 10 and 18 who are already involved with either the Kirklees or Calderdale Youth Justice Services.
The aim of the service is to promote health and wellbeing and contribute to the prevention of youth crime in Calderdale and Kirklees.
The Youth Justice Service provide:
- Confidential* health care and support
- Assessment of the physical, mental and social needs of young people
- Health education/information to young people, families, carers and others
- Support through referrals and signposting to other services
- An advocacy role on behalf of the young people
- Providing health information to inform reports for Court, the secure estates and other relevant parties
- Promotion of other heath services including Chlamydia screening, condom distribution and immunisation and smoking cessation programmes
- Collaborative working with colleagues within and outside the criminal justice and health services
- A contribution to the planning of care to reduce risk and vulnerability to the young person and the public
- Support to address gaps in healthcare needs
Key - * adhere to Kirklees and Calderdale Safeguarding Children Board procedures.
Referrals to this service come from within youth justice services or as a result of collaboration with other agencies.
The specialist nurses can be contacted as follows:
The Kirklees teams are available Monday to Thursday, 8:45am to 5:15 and Friday 8:45 to 4:45pm.
South Kirklees: 01484 226263
North Kirklees: 01924 482118
Calderdale: 01422 368279
Get Involved with