Please note, applications to the Community Fund are now closed.
Every year, The Locala Community Fund donates at least £10,000 to community, third sector and charity organisations in Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Stockport and Tameside who apply for up to £1500 to support their projects. The Community Fund is part of Locala’s social enterprise commitment investing any profits back into services or community projects. The Community Fund is part of Locala’s social enterprise commitment, as an organisation we invest profits back into health services or community projects.
In January 2023, The Locala Community Fund donated almost £80,000 to 50 community groups. More information about the groups supported can be found here.
If you have any queries or questions or would like to join the Community Fund mailing list to stay up to date with communications about the fund, please email [email protected]
Our Community Fund is linked to Locala's Social Value Pledges. All applications must demonstrate that the funding requested supports our Better Lives Strategy and contributes towards one or more of Locala's Social Value Pledges.These are:
Health and Wellbeing - improve health and wellbeing, reduce isolation and engage with communities to meet their needs.
Education and Skills - recruit and train people from all our communities, provide opportunities to improve people’s skills, escalate their careers and support them to have better lives.
Employment - increase inclusive work opportunities particularly within diverse communities.
Volunteering - increase volunteering which gives a sense of purpose and improves the lives of both volunteers and the people they work with.
Economic - improve our local economy and the lives of the people within it. Support local charities and SMEs and buy local.
Environment – reduce carbon footprint and positively improve our local environment.
Leadership - reduce health inequalities and effect change in equality and diversity.
2. Be based and provide services in Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Stockport and Tameside.
3. Be not-for-profit, a community interest company, independent charity or constituted group.
4. Not have received a grant through the Community Fund in the previous financial year
5. Be a fully constituted group, with written governing documents
6. Be able to provide details of an independent reference
7. Have a named bank account
8. Have an in date safeguarding policy if working directly with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
9. Own any buildings if applying for funding to carry out renovations to buildings
10. Have an annual turnover of less than £50,000
11. Be applying for less than £1500.