This autumn school term, your child is being offered a flu vaccination through a nasal spray or injection. This year the vaccination is being offered in school to all children from Reception to Year 11 as part of a national health campaign to protect vulnerable people, including young children, from flu this Autumn and Winter.
- The vaccine Injection is ONLY available to those who decline the nasal spray vaccine due to porcine content or those that are contraindicated to the nasal spray.
- FOR PRIMARY SCHOOL AGED CHILDREN – Injections will only be offered in clinics
- FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL AGED CHILDREN – Injections will be offered at school (or clinics if preferred).
All information collected by the In Health Care System and Locala’s Immunisation Team is kept secure and confidential at all times. All information is processed in line with The General Data Protection Act. For more information please visit Locala’s Privacy Notice.
- Nasal Spray – Fluenz Tetra
- Injection - Seqirus Cell-based Quadrivalent Influenzas Vaccine
To help you understand more about the vaccine you can use the button on this page to access an information leaflet about the vaccination or view the video below of a GP discussing the vaccine.
If your child becomes wheezy or has their asthma medication increased just before, or on the day of, the vaccination session, please contact us on the number below.
If your child is absent/unwell on the day our Immunisations Team is in school, you will receive an email to book into another session. If your child does receive this treatment from another source (such as a GP Surgery/Clinic) in between these sessions – please contact us on the number below.
If you have any queries regarding this vaccination, please do not hesitate to contact our Immunisation Team on 0303 003 4488 or [email protected]