Youth Offending Team
Specialist Nurses in the Youth Offending Team
Our specialist nurses work with young people aged between 10 and 18 who are already involved with Kirklees Youth Offending Team.
The aim of the service is to promote health and wellbeing and contribute to the prevention youth crime in our area.
This is achieved by offering:
- Confidential* health care and support
- Assessment of the physical, mental and social needs of this vulnerable group
- An opportunity to work with individuals or groups of vulnerable young people.
- Health education / information to young people, families, carers and other interested parties
- Support through referrals and signposting to other services.
- An advocacy role on behalf of the young people.
- Providing health information to inform reports for Court, the secure estates and other relevant parties.
- Promotion of other heath services including Chlamydia screening, condom distribution, Teenlifecheck and childhood immunisation programmes.
- Collaborative working with colleagues within and outside the criminal justice and health services.
- A contribution to the planning of care to reduce risk and vulnerability to the young person and the public
Key * adhere to Kirklees Safeguarding Children Board procedures.
Referrals to this service come from within youth justice services or as a result of collaboration with other agencies.