TB Nursing Service
We provide care and support to people suffering from tuberculosis, their families and contacts. We aim to limit the spread of tuberculosis within the community and reduce the transmission of infection by early diagnosis and effective treatment.
- support, advice and home visits to those suffering from tuberculosis
- screening, support and advice to families, carers and close contacts of tuberculosis as identified by our screening process
- screening of individuals, including new entrants, at an increased risk of developing tuberculosis
- BCG vaccine of selected individuals under 16 years of age, according to national and local policy
- provision of advice and education about tuberculosis to other professionals, other agencies and the public
Clinics are held weekly in both north and south Kirklees.
North: Dewsbury Health Centre - 01924 351401
South: Princess Royal Community Health Centre - 01484 344322
Health professionals will refer patients to our team as appropriate.