Muscles, Joints & Bones
The complicated working of your bones, joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons, as well as your nerves, is often referred to as your musculoskeletal system.
Locala's Musculoskeletal Service (MSK) offer assessment and treatment at our clinic at Dewsbury Health Centre. The small friendly team offer an alternative to patients who would otherwise have to attend a busy orthopaedic department at a local hospital.
- Neck and back pain e.g. nerve root entrapment
- Ligament and muscle tears
- Tendon pathologies e.g. tennis elbow
Ninety percent of all patients referred to us receive care within our service. Where treatment is required elsewhere patients will be referred to an appropriate hospital and consultant of their choice.
- Assessment of orthopaedic conditions
- Onward referral for tests such X-Rays, MRI, CT and blood tests.
- Ultrasound guided joint and soft tissue injection
- Direct listing for orthopaedic surgery
How to get an appointment
You will need to visit your GP for a referral. Once referred, you will receive a letter with an appointment to see one of our MSK Practitioners.
How to find us
Monday - Friday, we start at 8.30am with some evening sessions.