The Locala District Nursing Team provides a 24-hour, 365 day a year service caring for and supporting patients in their own homes.
We aim to improve or maintain the health of mostly housebound people and encourage them to become more independent. We work with other health and social care professionals to ensure that whenever possible, care is maintained at home.
Areas of care provided by the district nursing service includes:
- Co-coordinating and managing the care provided to patients with complex health needs
- Providing support and advice to patients in relation to ongoing treatments or following surgery
- Wound management including leg ulcers
- Palliative care (end of life care) for those who are terminally ill
- Care of the dying
- Bereavement support
- Health promotion for individuals, carers and communities
- Promotion of continence and management of incontinence
- Assessment for nursing equipment
We are supported by the very latest technology, helping us spend more time with patients and less time in the office. All our District Nurses, Community Nurses and Health Care Assistants use lightweight, yet sturdy laptops containing patient notes. Notes can be updated whilst we are with the patient which means information is always up to date and can be accessed by out of hours workers.