Don't miss the opportunity to get up to £1,000 for your community group! Up to £5,000 is available twice a year in grants of £100 - £1000. Locala Community Partnerships CIC is a social enterprise providing NHS community health care. We want to invest in your community because it's our community too.
The Locala Community Fund has been created to support local initiatives, projects, groups and societies in and around the Kirklees area. If your group has a health, environmental or community focus you could benefit.
Apply now for the first round of grants. The deadline is 5pm on 22 February 2013.
Applications are welcome from local, not-for-profit community or voluntary organisations.
Who can apply?
The Locala Community Fund can award between £100 and £1,000 to groups that:
- Are local, not-for-profit community or voluntary organisations (not branches of national charities)
- Have been in existence for at least one year
- Have an annual income of less than £30,000
- Have a written constitution or governing documents
- Are led by volunteers
- Have a named bank account
How the fund works
- Up to £5,000 is available for donations of up to £1000 twice a year
- Applications can be sent by e-mail, post or submitted online
- Closing dates are: 22 February 2013 and 26 July 2013
- Once all applications have been received and verified Locala Members will vote for the project that inspires them the most
- The Locala Members' Council will allocate funds based on votes cast
- Applicants will not always receive the full amount they applied for
- Only one application per group can be accepted per year
- Successful applicants will be expected to participate in a PR campaign
- All applicants will be notified within six weeks of the closing date
- Evidence of the funds being used for the purpose requested will be expected
- How can I apply?
Applications to the Locala Community Fund can be submitted online or by post.
- How much can I apply for?
Between £100 and £1000.
- Who can apply?
Not-for-profit community groups or voluntary organisations (not branches of national charities)
- What types of things can my group apply for?
Anything from equipment to event costs. We cannot accept applications retrospectively or reimburse costs for items already purchased.
- Can my group apply for running costs?
Yes, for example rent, heat, light etc.
- If I'm asking for money to update a building, does my group have to own the building?
Your group either needs to own the building, own the lease, or have at least 15 years left on the lease, if you are asking for money towards building or renovation costs or anything that will be a permanent unmovable fixture.
- Can I apply for funds to contribute towards a larger project?
Yes, we will need to know what other money has been secured and what the Locala Community Fund donation would be used for.
- Can I apply for funds but not use them until a later date?
We expect applicants to spend their award within six months of receipt.
- How long does it take to get a decision?
If your application has been completed correctly and all required supporting documents have been received you should hear from us within six weeks of the closing date.
- Who decides whether my application is successful?
Details of all applications that meet the criteria will be sent to Locala Members who will then vote. Anyone who lives in Kirklees or cares for someone living in Kirklees and is over the age of 14 can become a Member of Locala.
Once votes have been cast, the Members' Council will allocate funds based on the results of the vote. The Locala Members' Council is made of members of staff, members of the community and co-opted members.
- Do groups always get the full amount they apply for?
No, we may only have enough funds to make a smaller donation towards the project.